Thursday, August 28, 2008

That Dude..


i gotta give it up to my man, Common.. his new video/song "Announcement" is my joint right now.. i won't front, he's where i want to be.. nah, not on the rapping ish, but just on being able to stake claim to Chicago like he does.. pound for pound, he is Chicago.. the way he has gone about this is how i want to go about this.. i want everybody to know where i'm from.. yeah, i have the whole NYC thing going with the accent, but talk long enough with me and my "twang" will come out.. and i still say Pop!! what??

i love my city.. Chicago.. Chicagoan.. Blowing like Chicago Wind.. South Side..

Announcement

1 comment:

C3 said...

Nah, you're there Dude. I agree at first glance you got the NYC thing down but we def know where you're from - you rep it hard! You ain't lied about the Pop thing and a couple of others [but I ain't gonna blow you up on your own spot!] You still got that Chicago-getta mentality.