Friday, August 1, 2008

Q Murder..


I'm on my fitness kick right now.. Training with Optimum Fitness on a personal level, and then with ARC Fitness on the weekends, doing fitness boot camps.. Some of y'all know that i've been at it for a bit (with a few breaks), but i would say that i've been going hard and non-stop for about 4 months.. from that, i got the nickname "Q Murder"..

i really don't give up when it comes to the workouts.. i've tapped out on a few of the really crazy joints that i was doing trying to keep up with the trainers during their own workouts.. i've even thrown up a few times.. had some dizzy spells, all that.. but because i kept coming back, and kept giving it my all, i got that nickname.. i told them that i would be coming.. that i was placing bounties on cats' heads.. and i am now making true on that promise..

i'm proud (no ego, ok, maybe a small one) to say that cats ain't seeing me no more.. i already have the top slot in Harlem on this fitness stuff (non trainers), and every Saturday, more and more people are coming for my head and for my spot.. i'm letting y'all know right now, that it's not happening..

a few weeks ago i debuted the 1-arm, 1-leg pushup which y'all can see me doing in the picture.. blew their minds.. i figured out i could do it about 2 months ago.. but didn't spring it on them.. to top it off, i did it after doing 2 consecutive workouts.. none of the trainers could do it.. so i was floating, and i became a street workout legend.. my forte is pushups and pullups.. i can do just about any pushup that i can dream up.. i haven't done the 2 finger, 1 arm pushup that Bruce Lee did, but i haven't tried either.. i don't think i'm ready.. my newest joint is really getting sick on the pullup bar, though.. i'm working my way up.. flips on the bars.. core isolations on the bars, all that good stuff..

i feel better than i have ever felt in my life.. i'm almost positive that i don't have any body fat at all.. none.. i'm trying to beat Father Time.. trying to stay as young and fit as possible.. i owe it all to Triple Platinum (my trainer).. dude made me believe in myself.. i'm hoping to soon start a youth fitness program, cuz this is important.. i'm seeing too many fat kids around.. i'm not saying you gotta be skinny.. i'm not saying you gotta do workouts that i'm doing.. all i'm saying is that you should be active.. shoot, you have to be..

i already know my body isn't the same.. shoot, my left knee is not a good look for me.. if i play ball (like i did last Saturday -after my workouts, but i still won), i can guarantee that i'll be limping for 2 days.. guarantee it.. i need to see a doc, but when i messed it up last year, i was diagnosed with a sprained MCL.. really nothing to do for it.. after paying those medical bills, i'm good with a doc right now.. eventually i'll get it checked out again, but for right now, i'll just be prepared to hang up the sneakers on the balling tip..

but yeah, i felt the need to blog about this, because i'm really trying to make this youth thing work.. i'm still a lil' fella.. by working out in the parks on Saturdays, a lot of kids come around.. i love it.. love them.. and so i try to get them involved.. since i'm not 6'3" and 239lbs, i'm realistic to them.. so i need to ride this thing out.. 1 child at a time..

Q.

5 comments:

Herm said...

Yeah I started exercising seriously again about 6 weeks ago. Nothing too hardcore but I go for an hour a day 6 days a week, and do weights for half an hour and cardio for half an hour. I am nowhere near "no body fat" (which is physically impossible by the way, unless you are a corpse) yet but I am down about 20 pounds so far. Its amazing how much better I feel now, so I have kind of made "health" priority number #1 too. But yeah its good for kids to focus on being physically fit, because when you do that, you get mentally disciplined as well I think.

Unknown said...

good to hear..

ok, engineer.. yes, thanks for the lesson on body fat.. knew it.. but i also know you.. classic Herm..

Herm said...

LOL. I knew that you knew it. But you still wrote it anyway. Classic Q.

C3 said...

I appreciate what it has done for your mental... focus, even more disciplined. Glad to see you are happy with the results because you have been grinding on this thing for a minute [seems like longer than 4 months.]

I ain't trying to beat father time but I do need to get back in shape so thanks for the inspiration but you know y'all ain't going to get the opportunity to clown me in the streets of Harlem... to quote you, "it ain't happenin'!!"

Unknown said...

yeah, i have been training for over a year.. but you know how it is.. when you stop, it's a wrap.. start all over again.. arguably in better shape than before, but still don't stop a dude from feeling like he gonna pass out!!