Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Too Long..


yea, yea, yea..

i know, i know, i know..

i'm the worst blogger in terms of consistency.. i make promises that i never keep.. i start concepts that i never keep going.. but y'all gotta give me a break.. we have a new President.. Hope is on the horizon.. hopefully i'll get my blogging act together and be more consistent..

i'll tell you what, though.. i do write blogs.. daily.. they are just in my head.. maybe i'm the Hov of blogging.. yeah, that's it.. i'm the Hov of blogging.. i don't write it down until i'm ready to drop the album.. so that can be every 6 months or so that i go back into the booth (i.e. blogger.com), but i promise not to drop duds..

anyway, too much is going on and not enough time.. def' not enough money, but who's pinching pennies?? well, who wants to count the pennies that they are pinching??

explain this to me.. how is it that as you get older Christmas becomes more and more expensive for you.. how is it that your grown siblings and family expect bigger and better gifts from you? what is that about? i swear my mom grows her Christmas Wish List exponentially.. it ain't fair.. i can total up the last 10 Christmas' and i'm dang sure that the amount that i spent in those 10 years for my mom is more than the 16 or so that she spent on me growing up.. shoot, i'll venture to say that it's more than me and my siblings combined.. what is that about?? flights, jewelry, food, trips.. really? did i ever get a trip to Disney World when i was a kid?? shoot, i would've love to get outta the South Side to a warmer place.. i'm just sayin'..

what about Turkey Day? maybe when i have a nice crib and room for 25 people will i appreciate this day more.. right now (and since i could remember) it always seems like more of a hassle.. it starts from the family.. who's house are we having it at? at what age is it acceptable and be grown and not have to go home for it? who's preparing what? man, so many questions.. the biggest one is, who is cleaning up?? cuz that's what i'm looking for in the future.. ain't no way i'm having 25 ppl in my spot and not have help cooking AND cleaning.. nuh uh.. ain't happening.. everybody is working.. if not, it'll be a scene from "Martin".. tellin' everybody to "get to steppin'!".. i'm just sayin'..

so, yeah, as you can see, i'm VERY excited about the holiday period.. VERY.. i'm disappearing.. y'all don't believe me? ask my mom.. i sent her an email and told her that i'd reconnect with her after the holiday period, cuz i needed a break.. yup, i said it.. i treated my mom like she was a business associate.. i'm sorry, it sounds harsh, but i just needed some me time.. is that too much to ask?? she knows i love her.. so stop screwing your face up at me!!