Thursday, August 6, 2009

Off My Game..

thanks to my boy/best friend/business partner/financial genius - J - i'm getting back into the game.. like everybody else, for the last 1 1/2 years i've been chasing the next dollar.. i've been acting like the donkey chasing the carrot.. forgetting all that i learned before this economic crash..

i'm where i am for a reason.. i got to where i was for a reason.. over the last 1 1/2 years, i forgot that reason.. i forgot myself.. i was Bush.. when the levees broke.. i was FEMA.. i was all of the above.. i was thinking about quick fixes, so i converted my style to those quick fixes.. started using duct tape for everything.. and i mean EVERYTHING.. money issues? duct tape.. family issues? duct tape.. bill collectors? the gas face..

but yesterday, it changed.. my boy left his laptop at the crib, so he had to travel a minute to go back to get it then back to the office.. he's in Cali and rises early like me.. so he used that "gas mistake" to reach out to me.. and i needed it.. had a big meeting in 2 hours prior to his call.. i told him about it.. he was cool for a second.. on some "cool, yea, umm, hope that works out for you".. then a few minutes later, he treated me like he was my step-pops.. you know how your "later" family will tell you like it is, w/o sparing feelings? well, he did it.. stopped me in mid-sentence on some "stop it.. STFU.." well, he didn't use those words, but he might as well have.. lol..

he goes into making me looking in a mirror.. a time capsule mirror.. making me realize the dumb moves i was making just to get that next large check.. not self-sustaining checks, but those "start Fuzion" checks.. lol.. he was right.. and those were some stupid moves.. really stupid moves.. i mean, to others, they weren't necessarily that.. but for someone that worked as hard as i did to get where i was, it was stupid.. he called it "community service".. i agreed.. i was doing things that i could do w/ my eyes closed, but was FAR from where i needed to be.. later, after i told him that the meeting didn't go too well, he texted me telling me to get back to playing in the NBA, and that i'm no longer a HS all-star..

point taken..

i say all of this to say that i'm back.. i got the smack, and now i'm back.. damn, that sounded like a page out of Jesse Jackson's book.. didn't mean for that to happen.. but, i am.. gonna take a couple weeks and figure some things out.. obviously i don't have a couple weeks, but i'm going to do that.. i'm going to sit down, right the ship, and get back into being the Street CEO.. don't take that as a bad thing.. all that means (for me), is that i'm going to be myself, in my own image, and knock down doors that i already opened.. so, if i have on some jeans and a button up w/ some nice shoes (not kicks, but shoes), that just means that i'm back.. i might have a hat on too..

although i've been the Street CEO about 3 times a month, i left it, because my patience wasn't there.. i was tired of the BS.. on those days, i made things happen for other people, but not really for myself.. i walked in, did what i was supposed to do, and walked out.. each time w/o a check for me.. it was a check for someone else, but not for me..

but i'm back in the gym now.. working on my game for the next 2 weeks.. my own training camp.. it's time to get it back.. it's time to be back.. shoot, Barack is the President..

i'm just sayin'..

No comments: